The Pearl of the Pacific
Be aware that the island has very few rivers and fresh water spots. We recommend that you fill up with water in Raiatea or in Tahaa.
- Teavanui Pass: North toward the port of Vaitape. Airport on Motu Mute, it is possible to disembark there via a dinghy.
Moorings and marinas
Attention: Except as otherwise provided, in the internal waters of Bora Bora Island, the anchorage of vessels of ten (10) or more meters in length or greater than or equal to twenty-four (24) hours is strictly forbidden outside areas dedicated to authorized anchorage. The anchorage of any vessel, for any length of time, is strictly forbidden in the navigation channels.
- Access to dedicated areas is permitted for vessels in a state of navigation, as well as for those in danger or damage.
- Access to dedicated areas by vessels in danger or in damaged condition is only allowed for a limited stay, justified by the circumstances.
- Access and movement within the areas designated for authorized anchorage shall be carried out in accordance with the rules of navigation, in particular those laid down in the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea.
- Within the limits of these dedicated zones, the maximum speed of vessels is fixed at 3 knots.
- Except in the case of force majeure, vessels are only allowed to move within the dedicated zone to access or leave an anchorage point.
- In the inland waters of the Bora Bora lagoon, there are no-anchor zones to protect the various cables, conduits or submarine outlets (Red Zones on the map below). The prohibition referred to is not opposable to ships and boats anchored on mooring, to those ensuring the maintenance of submerged facilities or public service mission engaged in a relief operation of persons and safeguarding property. It is also not opposable to ships in case of force majeure.
- Vaitape: daytime and short time docking, stores, doctor, restaurants.
- Faanui Bay: deep and sheltered, namely from Southern winds. petroglyphs, marae.
East Coast (maximum draft 2.5 m)
- Motu Tupe: mooring over sand, 4m. Snorkeling with manta rays on Point Tuiahora, and lagoonarium.
- SE Platier: snorkeling coral gardenon Motu Piti uu Uta, Faroone Beach, Matira Point access.
- snorkeling in the mythical lagoon;
- Monument Alain Gerbault
- Paul-Emile Victor’s motu
Municipale Police Ph : 40 67 70 41
Dispensary Ph : 40 67 70 77