- Pakaka Pass: to the southwest (120m wide and 25 m deep), generally easy to pass. Exiting current rarely higher than 5 knots, counter current along the south, helping in case of strong exiting current. Proximity of the
main village of Niutahi (wharf, airport, grocery store, post office, infirmary).
- Tehere Pass: NE point of the island. Wide and deep, easy passing, but without markings. Ideal for fishing and diving.
- Motu Rua Vahine : on the south side.
- Tamaro : on the SE side, facing the Assam pearl farm and the shipyard site (water, gasoline, gas, supply of vegetables and fresh products). Sheltered from major winds.
- Teonemahina Point: NE side, well sheltered, magnificent environment.