October to February
- South coast bays: more sheltered from the wind and swells.
- Taiohae: stable moorings, often rolling. Restricted anchoring area : east part of the bay.
- Small warf of Taiohae: For the dinghy (think of dropping a small anchor in the back).Bathrooms, non drinkable water, market, handcraft, diving club, snack, yacht services (washing, mechanics, sail making, boat shop, clothing store and Marquesan art, Internet access, etc.).
- “Quai des goélettes“: gas station.
June to September
- Hakaehu: North side, landing at the mouth of the small river.
- Anaho Bay: white sand beach, restaurant, water, fruits and vegetables. Excursions to Hatiheu bay, restaurant, grocery, infirmary, landing sometimes difficult.
- “Baie du Contrôleur“: on the eastside small wharf of Taipivai, crowded in July, snack, groceries store.