At the heart of the Leeward Islands
- Avamoa Pass and Avapehi Pass navigable by all weather, near Fare.
- Pass Farerea, to the east, gives access to a few isolated, superb and uncrowded moorings.
Warning: we want to alarm sailors that if you pass on the South part of Huahine on your way from the Windward to the Leeward islands, you need to be very careful and always keep a marge of at least one or two nautical miles between you and this south reef of Huahine, because there are actually a strong current from SE that will push you on the reef and this dangerous current is not clearly notify on the electronics marine charts. We deplore boats on the south reef of Huahine every year. The other option will be to pass North of Huahine.
- Main “goelettes” wharf in Fare temporary docking, contact Port Master : VHF 12 Ph : 40 68 82 11/ 87 74 23 48. Stores, restaurants, banks, market.
- Fare : 5 mooring buoys of the TN ISLV in font of the village of Fare and 5 between the two passes. Contact the site’s Manager. Hôtel Lapita Village. restaurant, bar and nice little museum. Anchorage possible beyond 150 m of the coast (risk of dragging in strong winds). Ph : 40 68 80 80
- Otaioro : Reef side, facing the point. Fare’s wooden dock/ Village of Fare : Access to the village of Fare by dinghies using the floating dock of the Yacht Club . To refill water tanks (drinkable water), go longside the large wooden dock (Flat rate : contact Huahine Nautique)
- Port Bourayne : at the entrance, 3 TN ISLV mooring buoys give access to a beautiful beach. The site’s Manager proposes activities such as beach BBQ, snorkeling , hiking. At the end of bay, 30m deep mooring, anticyclone hole.
- Haapu Bay: 3 TN ISLV mooring buoys. Haapu village nearby, grocery store, vanilla farm, hiking.
- Avea Bay: exceptional anchorage, select the reef side (coral regeneration are land side). Go see the marae Anini Access to Relais Mahana: services to yachts, Waste drop, water (inclusive) restaurant, wifi, spa. Bicycles and cars rental, excursions Ph : 40 60 60 40 – VHF 69
- In the shelter of the motu Murimaora, south of the Farerea pass, 4 mooring buoys
Anchorages TN ISLV
Anchorages have been checked in 2016 and are allowed for sailboats up to 20 m. and 20 T.
Ask the town hall of Huahine for payment.